Top B-Schools in India which gives competition to the IIMS
It is agreed that IIMs spread across India are the leading B-Schools with having a back-up of government subsidies and tie-up with top notch companies across world. These B-Schools are always on headline for producing the well-trained professionals. But besides, the IIMs there are many B-schools in India which as good as the IIMs. In India, there are more than 50 Non-IIM B-Schools which are privately held and doesn’t get desired facilities from Central Government, compared to IIMs.
To match them, non-IIM B-Schools are promoting themselves in a better way. In fact, they are now being accepted by aspiring management students. Their management believes that despite being obliged to meet the tuition fees of IIM and compete academically with government backed B-School without any subsidies, they are close to them. B-Schools like XLRI, S. P. Jain Institute of Management, ISB and other genuinely feel that they are getting better and better in the infrastructure and academically as IIM. They offer well researched business management courses that is designed to meet the real management world.
Companies Loving Non-IIM B-Schools:
Non-IIM B-Schools are not only matching with IIMs in terms infrastructure or faculty, but also in terms of hiring process. Presently, these institutes are considered for early hiring. Companies like Microsoft, ICICI Bank, IBM, and Barclays etc. are hiring healthy number of management students from these B-School institutes. With the package of RS 30-35 lacs, students are being hired. This growing interest among companies towards non-IIMs; clearly signals the hot contest between these B-Schools.
Consultancies and e-commerce companies are showing more interest to recruit candidates from private institutes. S. P. Jain has witnessed an increase of 10-12% increase in placement offers compared to last few years. Similarly, is with other non-IIM B-School, which is quite positive status for students.
These B-School institutes are taking every step ahead of IIMs to match in terms of research orientation, industry interaction, faculty welfare & development and value for money.
We list down top 10 B-Schools other than IIMs which are worth considering for MBA course:
- XLRI Jamshedpur: Established as Xavier Labor Relations Institute in 1949, is also known as Xavier School of Management is the oldest business in India. The two main courses offered here are- 2 yr full time PG program in Business Management and Global MBA, 15 month full time course in General Management Program (GMP) and Doctoral Fellow Programs. In the year 2012, the institute was ranked 4th among 75 B-Schools in India by Outlook India. When it comes to recruitment, in 2014 the institute witnessed a boom in placement process. The batch of 245 students received 254 offers from 103 recruiters with the median salary of 16.25lac per annum.
Caption: Learning Center Image Source: xlri.ac.in
- Faculty of Management Studies- Delhi: Established in 1954, under the aegis of University of Delhi, this is the reputed B-School in Delhi. The institute offers training programmes, research and consultancy. The institute was ranked no 3 in Business Today among top 50 Business Schools. Institute witnessed has a good placement record. In the year 2014, institute witnessed the participation of 107 companies to recruit the batch of 217 students with the avg salary of 16.18 lacs per annum.
- ISB-: Indian School of Business, was promoted by Who’s Who of India Inc in collaboration with US based Wharton and Kellogg Schools of Business. Though the institute is still not recognized by AICTE, it has witnessed a growth in student enrollment. Being young institute, it has received the prestigious AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) Accreditation. ISB has two branches in Hyderabad and Mohali, and its PG management program was ranked 34th in the world in 2013 by Financial Times Global MBA Rankings. In the year 2014, ISB witnessed Technology and Consulting firms as major recruiters. Approx 350 companies interviewed 750 students with the offer of highest salary of 18 lacs per annum.
- P Jain Institute of Management & Research– Located in Mumbai, it is the constituent of Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan. The institute offers PG programmes in Management, Executive Management Programme, Family Managed Business Programme and other short programmes. In the year 2012, institute was ranked no 16 by QS Global 200 Business Schools Report. In the year, Centre for European Business Studies was also opened in 2009, with the funding from European Union. In the year 2014, the institute witnessed 101 companies recruiting for the batch of 228 students with the average salary of Rs 17.2 lacs per annum.
Caption: SP. Jain Images Source: careeranna.com
- Management Development Institute– Located in Gurgaon, the institute is accredited by Association of MBAs, London. MDI was ranked at no 8 by MBA Universe in 2013 rankings. Students can seek for courses like PGPM, PGP-HRM, PGP in International Management, National Management Programme etc. Institute witnessed an increase in recruiting companies approaching the institute. With the total of 125 companies from fashion, digital marketing, app developing, and other segment saw an average salary offering of Rs 14.74 lacs per annum.
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management: Located in Pune, it is now being ranked no 3 in Top 10 private B-Schools by Outlook India. The institute offers MBA in Innovation & Intraprenureship, MBA (Executive Education), One Year Diploma and PGDFB. The recruitment process in SIBM witnessed growth big companies hiring PG graduates in Management. This year the avg salary like Rs 10.5 lacs per annum.
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies: One of the oldest B-School institutes in Mumbai offers PG programmes and Doctoral Programme. The institute ranks on the top list of non-IIM B-Schools in India. Moreover, the institute witnssed a good growth in recruitment and package offered. In the year 2014, batch of 119 students were offered jobs by 19 companies with the highest salary of Rs 26 lacs per annum and avg salary was Rs 16.8 lac. Per annum.